St. Anthony East Neighborhood Association (SAENA) is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to building relationships with community members of St. Anthony East neighborhood and empower them to invest and engage with their neighborhood. SAENA seeks a qualified community organizer to enthusiastically conduct engagement and outreach efforts to build relationships with neighborhood stakeholders.
Overview: The Community Outreach Coordinator is a part-time position at 20-25 hours a week. $18-$20/hour BOE. Evening and weekends required. The position reports directly to the Executive Director. The Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Project and Event Coordination
- Park Committee: staff monthly Park Committee meetings, new committee member recruitment, coordination of committee initiatives, and project management of park improvements
- Summer Street Garden: coordinate membership logistics, communicate frequently with members, plan and implement clean-up days, and manage day-to-day operations
- Plan and coordinate neighborhood events with Executive Director
Outreach and Engagement
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to engage St. Anthony East residents, business owners, and property owners
- Build relationships with underrepresented populations (renters, seniors, etc.) and identify ways the organization can serve them
- Recruit SAENA members and connect them to projects, committees, and board service
- Coordinate neighborhood door knocking efforts
- Create and coordinate marketing information with graphic designer
- Manage social media accounts and monthly e-newsletter
- Previous experience door knocking in residential areas
- Experience in community organizing and facilitating groups
- Experience in planning, organizing, and implementing community events
- Sense of humor
- Evening and weekend availability
- Working proficiency in verbal and written Spanish
This is a part-time position and includes an insurance stipend and PTO. Evening and weekend hours are required.
Physical effort includes lifting or carrying limited to 25 pounds intermittently. Walking long distances and talking for extended periods of time. Work will require extended use of a computer keyboard and monitor. Work is performed in an open format but moderately quiet environment.
SAENA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SAENA will recruit, hire and promote without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Community Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line.