St. Anthony East Neighborhood Association
Monday, November 23, 2009
Webster School Room 116
In Attendance: Clareyse Nelson, Sylvia Radford, Jana Huffman, Taras Karkoc, Susan Burns, Kristi MacKay, Blaine Muyers
Vice President – Susan Burns
– Meeting called to order at 7:25pm.
– Sylvia Radford made a motion to adopt the October minutes. Clareyse seconded that motion. Motion carried.
Treasurer – Taras Karkoc
– Taxes were paid on the Community Commons Park property. Clareyse Nelson made a motion to accept the treasurer’s report. Sylvia Radford seconded the motion. Motion carried.
2PAC Update – Blaine Muyers
– Forbes magazine has named Minneapolis “America’s Safest City”.
– Crime is down, although there have been a number of burglaries.
– The website: www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/police/crimealert/C1-2630494.pdf should be included on our website. Jana will contact Peter regarding the website set up.
CARE Meeting –
– There are two level 3 sex offenders on the 600 block of University Ave. NE.
Policing Plan –
– Jana Huffman will verify and monitor rental licenses for the 600 and 700 blocks of Adams Street NE.
– Taras Karkoc motioned to approve the policing plan; Clareyse Nelson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Upcoming SAENA Meeting –
– An upcoming meeting should include information about utilizing 311, the neighborhood loan program and ways to be involved in the neighborhood.
NRP Update – Clareyse Nelson
– After meeting with Joe Horan (NRP), Clareyse informed the board that SAENA has approximately $290,000 in Phase II money. 70% of these funds must be used for housing within the neighborhood and 30% can be used for SAENA’s strategies.
– Claryese Nelson and Taras Karkoc will work with Jeremy on writing up goals for Phase II. The board will revisit the ideas/needs/desires for the neighborhood.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:36 pm