St. Anthony East Neighborhood Association
Monday, September 28, 2009
Webster School Room 116
In Attendance: Claryese Nelson, Jeremy Wieland, Susan Burns, Sylvia Radford, Tom Hoch, Jana Huffman, Taras Karkoc, Nick Juarez, Cheyenne Jackson, Inspector Shafer
President – Tom Hoch
– Meeting called to order at 7:07pm.
– Motion to adopt the minutes (August 2009).
Second Precinct Report- Inspector Shafer
– Neighborhood working plan concept was introduced; second precinct wants help drafting a plan for our neighborhood in order to clarify mutual expectations and create collaboration with MPD
– Time line for this is end of November; Nick Juarez will work on completing this
– Board emphasized our focus on Adams St. NE and a desire to better educate residents about the proper and regular usage of “311”.
– We agreed that all Board members would contribute two strategies to Susan Burns who would compile and edit them and bring them back to the Board
– Agreed that we would have the housing inspections persons from the City at our next meeting; Nick Juarez to coordinate
Treasurer’s Report – Taras Karkoc
– A check to Quest was the only expenditure
– Agreed that we will utilize our Citizen Participation funds from the City for Kristi’s wages to assure that these funds are timely spent.
– T. also updated on the Board on the dog park. His understanding is that no variances or other impediments exist based on our current conception. We need to proceed to develop a design for the park, and confirm boundaries for the parcels, talk to neighbors and solicit volunteers. Jeremy offered to make an introduction to his neighbor, Erik Hedlund as a potential volunteer. T’s timeline is to secure quotes for construction next year.
Susan gave a verbal update on her research regarding the property exemption for SAENA owned parcels
Cheyenne agreed to contact Housing Inspections to request that they do an assessment of the properties along the 600 and 700 blocks of Adams St NE, consistent with the neighborhoods focus on these properties.
Adjourn: 8:45 pm