Through the Neighborhood Revitalization Program, SAENA partners with Greater Metropolitan Housing Corporation to provide two home improvement loan programs available exclusively to homeowners and landlords in the St Anthony East neighborhood. As a 501 c 3 non-profit organization, SAENA is able to offer more competitive loans than a bank. Take advantage of these great programs.
For additional information, contact the Housing Resource Center – North on the web at: www.gmhchousing.org/programs/housing-resource-center
or at the HRC office serving SAENA at:
2148 44th Ave. North
Minneapolis, MN 55412
Phone: (612) 588-3033
Fax: (612) 588-3028
The City of Minneapolis administers a number of housing programs aimed at single and multiple family developments throughout the City. For more information, consult CPED Housing at: http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/cped/housing/index.htm
City of Minneapolis to launch new Homeownership Program
The HOM program will be marketed through the “Own Your Future, Own Your Home” campaign in partnership with Minnesota Housing and Minnesota Homeownership Center. Through this campaign, homebuyers will be encouraged to see if they qualify for the City of Minneapolis HOM program, access affordable mortgage loans through Minnesota Housing, and get connected to free non-biased, non-profit housing experts to gain the tools, knowledge and confidence needed to own a home.
The City has contracted with several community-based organizations including: African Development Center, African Economic Development Solutions, Bii Gii Wiin, PRG/Emerge, Neighborhood Development Alliance, Lao Assistance Center, and the Greater Metropolitan Housing Corporation to provide community outreach and create cultural communications to reach diverse communities.
Other Home Improvement Resources
- Twin Citites Habitat for Humanity – A Brush with Kindness
- Metro Paint-A-Thon
- Center for Energy and Environment – Owner Occupied Properties
- Center for Energy and Environment – Rental Properties
Are you a homeowner facing foreclosure? Here’s what you can do:
- If you or someone you know in Minneapolis is having trouble making mortgage payments, we can help: CALL 311.
- Before you purchase or refinance a home, learn about mortgages and how to avoid risky ones, call the MN Home Ownership Center at (651) 659-9336.
- Find out what your rights are if you are struggling with mortgage payments or facing foreclosure.
- Find out what your rights are if your landlord loses the building you reside in.
Click Links for More Information
- Habitait for Humanity – Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention Program
- Minnesota Home Ownership Center
- Don’t Borrow Trouble Minnesota
- Occupy Homes MN
- Housing and Mortgage Information for Seniors
Or Call Minneapolis 311 and they will connect you to free foreclosure counseling resources.
NOTE: Beware of companies that charge fees or claim you should stop paying your mortgage. These are often scams. Click here for more information on how to avoid foreclosure prevention scams.